Budget – The Dreaded B Word
Budget. The dreaded “B” word. Everyone hates making a budget. It gives you feelings of dread, cold chills up your spine. But it doesn’t have to feel that way. In fact, budgeting can be rather empowering. Remember, you are in charge of every single dollar you earn. And making a budget helps you spend those dollars where you want to spend them.
Fair enough – when you pay the rent, the light bill, the water bill, etc., it doesn’t feel like you are in control… but, you made the decision to live where you live, to have running water at the lift of a finger and lights at the click of a switch. How lucky are you? The more you practice noticing all of the things you own, have and enjoy, the more you can create a feeling of abundance instead of dread.
- To think about budgeting as making empowering decisions about how you want to manage your life (as well as your paycheck).
- To identify apps and tools that can help you easily track spending.
- Tips on how to be financially conscious about how you spend your hard-earned cash!
- How to identify and stop the leaks in your budget.
- How to use snowball payments to reduce (or eliminate) debt.
Did You Know
If you buy a $5 coffee every day it adds up to $150 a month! If you make around $40k per year, that’s about 5% of your monthly income. On coffee!